Digital experts often use email marketing as the way influence search engine ranking of the website indirectly. If at the first glance the correlation is hard to be seen, conducting email marketing campaigns helps in:
- Effecting call-to-action in various ways,
- Collecting valuable insights of the company through comments in the blog section
- Emails can make a company control its branding image through sharing posts.
- Emails can attract people through other social media channels.
So, SEO and email are not connected directly. Search engines do not crawl to the list of individuals one could be targeting at a particular time. However, engaging your audience actively through emails is a proven way that can capture quality traffic to your website in an exemplary way. Artem Abgarian, the Customer Success Manager of Semalt explains how email marketing effects SEO.
Active engagement of the audience
The digital content in the emails such as keywords does not have any impact on the SEO rankings. However, properly set up email campaigns attracts the best resources supporting a particular keyword that increases its search density in search engines. Emails also encourage commenting and sharing. For instance, an excellent blog post will receive comments at the bottom. Sharing will also happen for such a post on the various online platforms such as social media. As a result, the number of views of the article improves increasing backlinks necessary for improving the SEO ranking. Some call-to-action activities one can perform with the email list may include:
- Asking the readers to comment at the bottom of the blog on how the post will help them,
- Encouraging the audience to share a charity project to spread a good cause and,
- Increasing viral marketing through social media channels such as Twitter or Facebook.
RSS feeds or Regular Content Consumption
Making an audience click the link to your website can be an easy task. However, making the same audience get hooked to your content might be a challenge. This difference results because one needs to be unique in a particular manner and content type. An audience needs to look for the content and reads it even before there is a notification to the same. For instance, one can:
- Ensure that people know they can remain updated via RSS feeds,
- Give the option for subscribing to email lists of notifications on some specific things and,
- Allow people to subscribe to social media entities such as subscribing to your YouTube Channel videos
The social media channels of accessing your content are a great key to making the visitors stay up to date on the blog posts.
Repurposing newsletter content
Data collected from emails can be repurposed as content for the blog. People benefit by using this newsletter content by writing how on how it helps them. For example, Long newsletters can become blog posts which can attract room for more comments. Short newsletters can attract chance of sharing through social media increasing SEO ranking. This situation allows people who are not subscribed to your RSS read your content.
Drawing on the factors mentioned above, clients of have proven that emails can improve SEO rankings. Through engaging the audience, repurposing newsletter content, and including RSS feeds notification automation, the results of the Search Engine Optimization techniques would pay. For any blogger wishing to fetch good traffic, creating a good email list would be a worthwhile venture.